Thursday, January 1, 2015

It has been over a year and a half since I last posted on this blog. During that time I have had major foundation repair done on our house, which took a lot longer than I thought, and also took a lot of prep work on my part, and cost a lot of money. It is finally time to start working back in the shop!  
 Well I am doing some things to the sidecar this winter, to prepare it for a lot of rideing this summer. To start with I am putting a 15 inch rear wheel on the front so I can run fat car tires front and rear. To start with I cut the hub out of the center of my front wheel,

I then chucked the hub up in the lathe and turned it down to a touch larger than 2 inches. Next I will machine the rear wheel I am using to move the rotor closer to the middle of the wheel so it will line up with the caliper. Then I will have to have the center of this wheel open up so the hub I just  turned will slide inside. Then I will make a plate to cover the center of the wheel where the third member use to reside. Then have it all welded up.I will also be adding raked trees to get the trail right so the rig will steer much easier. More pics as I move along on this project.

I will also be starting the teardown on this CB350 for my friend Tim. It will be getting kind of a resto mod treatment.

No comments:

Post a Comment