Worked over an extra side cover I had, swiss cheesed it and set it up for a hydraulic clutch. It will go on my XS650 after it is polished. Also started on Bradys CB project today, got some wireing started and mounted the Dyna ignition.
A good day in the shop today. Got Russ's XS pulled down to the frame, prepareing to redo a few things on the frame then have it powder coated. We also pulled the radiator and the front of the motor off of Chucks Wing to service the cooling system and replace the water pump Also got Brady's CB750 into the shop, it gets wireng plumbing, and get it running, then he will tear it down for paint. This is Brady's first chop, but by looking at it, you would think he has been building bikes for years. This will be the nicest chop I have ever had a hand in. I am honored to be working on it.
Today in the shop we mounted a 160 tire on a 4 inch rim for Chucks Goldwing. We also mounted the tail light and lisenceplate mount under the fender. Then mounted the turn signals on the fender struts. These changes really made the rear of this bike look unique.We then pulled apart the front end, and removed the tins. While disassembling the forks we stripped out head on one of the bottom allen bolts that hold the fork assembly together, some dumb fuck used locktight on these. We got lucky and drilled the head off of the bolt and pulled the assembly apart then removed what was left of the bolt with visegrips. Got lucky!
Took the SR out of the shop for now and brought in my XS650. King Sportster tank, real battery, new headlights, turn signals, oil cooler, better sump filter, and leftside scrambler style pipes. This is my everyday rider. Just making things a little better functioning.