Monday, February 18, 2013

SHOP WORK





 This is Stevens CB750 Cafe project he is building. We built the motor for it last fall, and he brought it back over for us to add the GSXR swing arm and monoshock. We used the stock cb inner bushing, turned it down to fit inside the Suzuki swingarm, then make two spacers to center it in the frame and that got it hanging on the frame. Then we made  the lower linkage mount out of rectangular tubing, then made a triangulated upper mount from 1 inch round tubing. So far everything looks good. Next we will take some arched round tubing and make the back half of the frame. It will also get a cafe tail section that will serve as the oil tank. Steven kind of likes the look of the 250 Suzuki tank on it, so it might go home with him also. When this bike is done, Steven will have built quite a head turner.
 I also made a new seat set up on my CB. Upper photo.
This is the seat I just made last fall. Set me too close to the tank, makeing it to tight for my long legs. I think the new set up will be much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment