Sunday, September 23, 2012

SHOP WORK

 I have been beating my head against the wall trying to get Josh's cb550 to run with the 2 carb manifold set we built. I have tried every trick I know to get it to be rider friendly. I can get it to run for me, but I know all of the little nuances, and it is not easy for a fairly knew rider to be able to predict how its going act next. I have finally given up and am bbuilding a set of stock carbs for it, which is a major pain in the rear. But in the end it will give Josh a much more enjoyable ride.
 Twin carb manifold we built at the old Anchor Shop.
 All 4 carbs dissambled, and after 4 hours of cleaning every piece.
 close up of one carb.
 Linkage pieces.

This is Punk Rod Russ's xs650 AHRMA racer. It is in the shop to pull the motor apart, and figure out where the knock is coming from. I can't wait to get inside and see what was done to make race worthy. I will keep progress posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment