Thursday, April 5, 2012

XS650 Kicker Pedal

Over the winter I pulled the motor out of my XS650 and went through it. I had the crank and cam rephased And put a 750 kit in it. It also has stainless valves with a 3 angle valve job. When I got the motor back in I had a hell of a time starting it. So after a lot of thinking I decided to lengthen my kicker and use a large pedal. So I cut the small pedal off of the stock arm and bought an early arm for a shovel head and cut it off.

 Then I welded the two together.
Then I welded a couple of straps on boyhe sides of the arm to make up the difference in widths of the two arms.
 Then I proceeded to build the arm up with weld.
 Then some grinding and sanding,

 And a little paint, and we have a giant hatchet for a kicker.
And the best part is it works, I can start it with ease now.

No comments:

Post a Comment